Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Warriors







Our day around the city was another wet one. We seem to have brought Washington's weather over this valley for as long as we are here! It was powerful to stand on top of the city's highest building and pray for this wonderful city. As I mentioned in another post, we continue to feel a spiritual heaviness when we go to pray. I literally feel a tightness in my stomach when we pray here in public places. I am the first to admit that I don't always sense spiritual dynamics, but something is going on in the spiritual realm here. On the one hand it is very exciting to enter into this through prayer, but on the other hand, it also feels discouraging. You know how in some places, you just feel like praying? I would say Sarajevo is the opposite! If feels like some force is preventing us from prayer. Please keep praying!

We enjoyed a meal together, and then went to a movie. It's a bit of trip watching a movie in English and then seeing all the Bosnian subtitles. Oh- and they have assigned seating! Better get there early.

Today I got to preach at two of the local churches. Having each sentence translated makes the flow of a message very difficult, but it was such a tremendous honor to preach here. I feel like God was at work in the messages- I believe He can communicate in any language. The one picture here is taken from the very back of the room- yes, it is very small!

One more day to go and visit Mostar tomorrow. If you want to know what we'll be experiencing, google "stari most" bridge. We should have some good photo ops there!

It won't be long and we'll be touching down in the States again. Can't wait to see you!

Nick

No comments: