Thursday, July 07, 2011

Walking Beside...


How do we become isolated, and find ourselves wistfully looking back on a time when we were sharing our walk in a deep and momentous way with someone who "gets us"?


For me, it’s just part of my human nature to "drift". My prayer for you, and for me: "God, help me not to do this. Help me to embrace my vertical relationship with You, and my horizontal relationship with a mentor, and stay "caught up" and "fresh" in my awareness of the Holy Spirit.


I know how to practice this, Lord. Vertical: openness, humility, gratitude. Horizontal: love, acceptance, forgiveness. When I talk with You, or journal to You, or meditate on You with openness, humility and gratitude, my heart is soft, my mind is clear and my spirit is free. Then I’m free to practice the horizontal, acting in love, acceptance and forgiveness.


Lamentations 3:22-24 - Amplified Bible



22 It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.



23 They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.



24 The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.



You are new every morning, Lord. Help me to be."



Mary Hagle


Editor


The House

No comments: